Adding Pepper to food is not just to enhance the flavor of the food item but to promote proper digestion. Cooking is not just about adding right amount of ingredients but its all about adding healthy ingredients. Pepper also reduces the amount of gas in our intestinal tracts so adding pepper to any food prevents stomach upset. I usually used only chilli powder to marinate the fish but in this recipe I thought pepper along with its health benefits could add good flavor to the dish.
1. Fish – 1lb(cut in to big chunks)
2. Pepper – 1tbsp
3. Dried red chillies – 4-5nos.
4. Curry leaves – 5-6nos.
5. Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
6. Garlic – 4 pods
7. Lemon - ½
8. Oil – 5-6 tbsp
9. Salt – to taste
- Grind pepper, dried red chillies, curry leaves, cumin seeds and garlic pods with about 1 tbsp of water in to a thick paste form.
- Now marinate the Fish with the ground paste, add salt according to your taste and squeeze half lemon on them, leave them aside for about 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and shallow fry the fish on both the sides until they get a smoky flavor with a golden brown color.
- Serve them hot!!
- Spicy food lovers reduce the amount of chilli powder in your food and start adding pepper to promote digestion of your food.
- Garlic intake reduces the risk of heart diseases so try to add 1 or 2 pods of garlic to the food you cook.