Pasta is one of my favorite Italian dish. Adding rich creamy flavor to pasta makes them more special. Shrimp on the other hand goes very well with pasta's, pepper gives a very good flavor to shrimps hence I have used pepper to marinate the shrimp in this recipe. A perfect candlelight dinner recipe..
Shrimp - ½ lb
Macaroni – 1 ½ cups
Cheddar cheese – 1 cup grated
All purpose flour/Maida – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1 cup
Butter – 1 tbsp
Pepper – 4-5 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil - 2tbsp
- Boil water in a pan add about a tbsp of oil.
- Now add the macaroni to the boiling water and also salt according to taste.
- Allow the macaroni to cook for about 15- minutes.
- Strain them and keep them aside in a big bowl.
Pasta sauce preparation:
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan, add milk to it and allow them to boil. Lower the flame and add all purpose flour mix them well so that they dont form clumps.
- Now add in the cheese and mix them well until the cheese melts to form a creamy sauce, to this add about 2 tsp of pepper and salt according to taste.
- Devein your shrimp and clean them properly.
- Add the remaining oil, pepper and salt according to the taste and marinate the cleaned shrimp.
- Place them in a baking sheet and keep it in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Creamy and Lemony Shrimp Macaroni Preparation:
- To the boiled and strained Macaroni placed in the large bowl add the prepared pasta sauce and the baked shrimp mix them uniformly.
- Now Squeeze the lemon in to the creamy pasta mixture.
- Add some grated cheese on top of them and keep them in oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes(optionally step).
- Remove them out of the oven and serve them hot!!