Every sunday is very special for me as I try to explore different non-veg recipes. Authentic south Indian fish kuzhumbu/gravy is a spicy recipe which I would love to have with plain boiled rice. Fish is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids and it is good for your skin too. Whenever it comes to non-veg all our taste buds longs for a spicy recipe so I have pen down my spicy fish kuzhumbu recipe.
- Fish - 1 lb(I used Tilapia)
- Onion - 2(Finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds - 1 ½ tsp
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Garlic pods - 2
- Pepper – 2 tsp
- Gingely oil – 4 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 4 tsp
- Tamarind pulp – 1 cup(little thicker)
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – to garnish
- Heat about 1tbsp of oil and add cumin seeds, sesame seeds, pepper, onions and garlic pods, allow them to fry till they get a light brown color.
- Now grind the above mixture to a paste form.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan then add the ground paste and the tamarind pulp. Allow them to cook for sometime until they boil.
- Add chilli powder and salt according to taste.
- Now add chunks of fish and cook them till the froth in the kuzhumbu/gravy disappears and oil separates out from them.
- Serve it hot with boiled rice!!