Here it goes a simple okra curry recipe as requested by one of my friend. Ladysfinger is one of my favorite veggie from my childhood, some facts really fascinates me about these okra's from my young age. My mom inorder to make me eat this veggies says okra is good for your memory power and I will score centum in mathematics if I eat these okrs's(ladysfinger's). I dont know whether the fact is true but from then on I started loving this okra's a lot..
Okra's/Ladysfinger – 1lb(cut)
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Mustartd seeds – 1 tsp
Urad dal split – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 5nos.
Sambar powder(this can be replaced with chilli powder) – 3-4tsp
Salt – to taste
Curd – 1 tsp
oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds wait until they crackle. Then add urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves and onion fry them until they turn golden brown in color.
- Now add sambar powder and salt according to your taste.
- Add the cut okra's to the fried onions and a teaspoon of curd and fry them.
- Serve it hot with lemon rice and Tamarind rice!!!
- Wash and dry the okra's before you cut them to avoid the gumminess(stickyness) of the okra.
- Adding curd to the okra while cooking reduces that gumminess(stickyness) of it.
- Adding cumin seeds to food is very good and reduces your body heat.