Most of us love to eat fried food items, I have pen down one such recipe which ideally goes well with dal and rice as a yummy side dish. A very simple recipe with easily available ingredients at home.
- Plantain – 1(peeled and cut in to chunks)
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Ural dal – 2 tsp
- Garlic pods – 3
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – 6nos.
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and to that add mustards seeds. Wait until the seeds crackle and then add cumin seeds, curry leaves, ural dal and chopped garlic pod.
- Saute them until they turn light brown in color.
- Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt according to your taste.
- Finally add the plantain and then mix them uniformly with the sauteed mixture.
- Allow them to fry until they turn brown with smoky flavor.
- Garnish them with curry leaves.
- Serve it hot with dal rice.