Paneer or Indian Tofu are usually prepared by curdling heated milk with lemon juice. The separarted whey forms Paneer or Indian Tofu/Cheese. Paneer is as rich source of protein and is ideal for pure vegetarian diet. This gravy goes well with Indian breads(Roti's and Naan).
1. Paneer – 1 cup(cubed)
2. Green Peas - ½ cup
3. Garam Masala powder – 3 tsp
4. Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
5. Onion – 2(chopped)
6. Tomato – 2(chopped)
7. Cinnamon stick – 1
8. Cardamom – 3
9. Cloves – 3
10. Cashewnuts – 4nos.
11. Butter – 1tbsp
12. Oil – 3 tbsp
13. Salt – to taste
1. Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pan, to that add cloves, cinnamon stick, cardamom and fry them then add onions, tomato and cashewnuts saute them until they turn light golden brown in color.
2. Now grind the sauteed mixture in to a paste form.
3. Heat oil in a non stick pan and now add the ground paste to it.
4. Allow them to cook for sometime and add Paneer/tofu, green peas, garam masala, chilli powder and salt.
5. Close the lid and allow it to cook for about 10 minutes.
6. Transfer them in to bowl and add butter on them.
7. Serve them hot with Roti's.