I frequently make egg omelets at home but making a kozhumbu with egg for having them with rice is quiet rare. Egg Kozhumbu is an authentic recipe and goes well with boiled rice, dosa's and idlies. One of my favorite recipe with simple ingredients.
- Egg – 4(2 boiled,2 non-boiled ones)
- Coconut milk – 1 ½ cups
- Onions – 1 (Finely chopped)
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and to that add finely chopped onions. Let the onions fry till they turn golden brown in color.
- Add cumin powder, chilli powder and salt to the sauteed onions and stir them uniformly.
- Now add the coconut milk and cook them for 10 minutes until they boil.
- Drop in the 2 boiled egg in to the gravy and break open other 2 eggs in to the gravy/Kozhumbu.
- Now wait until the 2 two non-boiled eggs are completely cooked.
- Turn off the stove and close the pan with lid and wait for 5 minutes before you serve them.
- Serve them with boiled rice, dosa's and idlies..