I love cooking more kuzhambu as it is very simple to prepare. More kuzhambu can be prepared with any simple veggie available at home like pumpkin, chow chow or even with just more mollagai.. I have used chow chow in this recipe, hope you enjoy trying this recipe..
- chow chow – 1(peeled cut in to chunks)
- Cumin seeds – 3 tsp
- Coconut grated - ½ cup
- Raw rice – 3 tsp
- Toor dal – 3 tsp
- Green chillies – 3 to 4
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5-6 nos.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Curd - ½ cup
- Dried red chillies – 2(broken in to halves)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- urad dal - 2tsp
- Boil water in a pan. To the boiling water add the turmeric powder and chunks of chow chow.
- Close the lid and allow them to cook for 10-15 minutes. Do not strain the remaining water.
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds, green chillies, raw rice and toor dal to a paste form adding little water.
- Now add the paste to the cooked chow chow(do not strain boiled chow chow water add the paste in them with water).
- Allow them to cook sometime,add salt according to the taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds wait until they crackle and then add red chillies,urad dal and curry leaves. Wait until they turn light brown in color.
- Now transfer the sauteed mixture to the kuzhambu. Turn off the stove and finally add curd and mix them well.
- Serve them hot with cooked rice!!
Do not add curd when the kuzhambu is in stove as curd might get separated to liquid and whey due to heat...